Eyelash extensions are an investment ! so make sure you take care of them. Once Dear Lashes has applied a perfect set of lashes, it is your job to maintain them. Extend the life of your lashes with these handy tips below.
- Avoid getting your extensions wet for the first 24 hours. Try using a face wash cloth the first day to remove other face make up. Avoid humid places such as steamy showers, saunas and dishwashers for the first 48 hours. This will give the eyelash glue time to bond and strengthen.
- Apply Black Diamond daily. This amazing product is easily applied like a mascara. It conditions your eyelash extensions and strengthens the bond in the eyelash glue.
- Clean your eyelash extensions gently in the shower. This will remove any oils or dead skin cells that naturally occur. This is important even if you do not wear any eye make up. The oils our eyes produce can break down the eyelash glue, meaning the extensions will fall off more quickly. A build up of dead skin at the base of the lashes will block new hair follicles from coming through, this stops your natural lashes from growing. It is important to always do this prior to your appointments to avoid the technician having to spend too much time cleaning instead of applying fresh lashes.
- Avoid using mascara. If your eyelash extensions have been done well, you will not need mascara at all. Mascara will not only give a clumpy spider look to the extensions, but dramatically reduces the life of them.
- Sleep face up. This will help reduce you unintentionally pushing or pulling on your eyelash extensions.
- Keep oils away from your eyes. Oils can be found in your beauty products such as, heavy cleansers, eye creams and liquid liners. They can break down the glue. Make sure to avoid anything that says ‘waterproof‘ or ‘removes waterproof make up‘ as this is usually a good indication of a oil dense product.
Good luck and enjoy your long lasting eyelash extensions.